Welcome to the AWI Podcast!
We wanted to create this podcast series as a way to introduce you to our affiliated faculty members and students, to help showcase their work and to inform you how their research is helping to improve every aspect of water across all walks of life.
Sometimes we’ll have one-on-one interviews with our researchers, but we’ll also feature some of their public talks at workshops and conferences.
To be a guest on our podcast, please email Brock Parker.
Where to Listen
- Episode 21: Dr. Kate Brauman of the Global Water Security Center
- Episode 20: Dr. Steven Burian, AWI Director of Science and CIROH Executive Director
- Episode 19: Global Water Security Center Director Mike Gremillion
- Episode 18: Dr. Cory Armstrong on Effective Severe Weather Communications
- Episode 17: Dr. Carla Atkinson on Freshwater Mussels and Intermittent Streams
- Episode 16: Alabama Wastewater Project and Grant with Dr. Mark Elliott
- Episode 15: Dr. Mojdeh Rasoulzadeh from UA’s Department of Mathematics
- Episode 14: Dr. Glenn Tootle from UA’s College of Engineering
- Episode 13: Dr. David Weston from Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Episode 12: Dr. Mustafa Morsy on How Plants Respond to Environmental Stress
- Episode 11: Dr. Timothy Logan, Director of the Houston Lightning Mapping Array Network
- Episode 10: Dr. Cecilio Ortiz García and Dr. Marla Pérez Lugo on University Roles Before and After Disasters
- Episode 9: Dr. Silvana Croope on Flooding and Transportation Infrastructure
- Episode 8: Dr. Ryan Earley on Chemical Effects on Behavior in Fish
- Episode 7: Dr. Laura Myers on Understanding the Impacts of Extreme Rainfall Weather Events
- Episode 6: Dr. Richard McNider on Water and the Distribution of Agriculture
- Episode 5: Dr. Sharlene Newman of the Alabama Life Research Institute
- Episode 4: Min Xu on Measuring Water Turbidity of Rivers from Satellite Multispectral Imagery
- Episode 3: Dr. Mark Elliott on Reinventing Rural Wastewater Management in Alabama’s Black Belt Region
- Episode 2: Dr. Rebecca Totten Minzoni on Future Predictions and Coastal Resiliency
- Episode 1: Dr. Emily Elliott on Hurricanes and Coastal Response